ROTARY CLUB OF LILYDALE CRAFT AND PRODUCE MARKET………..formerly LILYDALE FARMERS PRODUCE MARKET
Formerly, a joint initiative of the Rotary Clubs of Montrose & District, Chirnside Park and Lilydale, the market commenced in March 2009. The goal of setting up the market was twofold; to help support local/regional producers and at the same time raise money for Clubs’ local and international projects. With the Rotary Club of Chirnside Park handing back its charter in June 2014, their representation had been taken up by the enthusiastic members of the Rotaract Club of Yarra Ranges Inc for a 16 month period.
From July 2016, the market is being operated solely by the Rotary Club of Lilydale Inc under the title of Rotary Club of Lilydale’s Craft and Produce Market.
The Market is held on the First Sunday of the month [9:00am – 2:00pm] at Bellbird Park Swansea Road, Lilydale Melways Ref 38 G8 (next to Lillydale Lake), with easy access and car parking
Effective of January 2017, the Club has announced a name change to the market.
- Fresh Farm Produce – Range of Vegetables, Seasonal Fruits and Berries
- Smallgoods products
- Gourmet Cheese products
- Processed Foods – Jams, Chutneys, and Sauces
- Bakery Products – Breads, Croissants, Cakes, Tarts & Muffins
- Drinks – Coffee, Soft Drinks, Fresh Orange Juice
- Olive Oil products
- Food Vendors – Crepes, Poffettes, Meat & Savoury Pies, Spiral Potatoes, BBQ Sausages and Dumplings
- Nursery Products – Native & Exotic plants, plus Herbs
- Cut Flowers – seasonal
- Body soaps and creams
- A range of various craft stalls including knitted goods through to stationery and cards
The Market also has :
- Baby Farm animals and a Jumping Castle, as well as Face Painting, for young children to enjoy while a parent browses, and
- under cover tables and chairs to enable the enjoyment of a coffee or something to eat from the food vendors, whilst catching up with friends.
Gold coin entry with all Market proceeds being used by the three Rotary Clubs’ for their projects. As at February 2017 the market will have been raised approximately $146,000.00 for Club Projects. The initial distribution was following the 2009 Black Saturday bushfires, and this went to the  local CFA brigades to assist with upgrading or replacement of necessary equipment.
MARKET PROMOTION – VIDEO [circa March 2010] Jonathan Ingram and Michael Chanter, from the Do the Yarra Valley.com.au website that promotes the Yarra Valley and its attractions, features the market under their Markets heading. The market – known then as Lilydale Farmers Produce Market features – .http://www.dotheyarravalley.com.au/category/markets/ The Market also features in a 2010 video – See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI3jLAOJydYt
Website complimentary comments by a visitor http://www.weekendnotes.com/lilydale-farmers-market/ and lfpm-customer-review