- This event has passed.
Fellowship Activity – “Guess Who Is Coming To Dinner” – Christmas in July
July 20, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm
GUESS WHO’S COMING TO DINNER
Saturday 20th July
Theme : “Christmas in July”
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Rotarians/friends sign up to participate in this fun fellowship event.
- The Convenors (Ian & Helen Darvell) will choose the Dinner Hosts and will provide them with the names of their guests.
- The Hosts will then contact their Guests to organise provision of Dinner courses and the location of the Dinner.
- Each Dinner will have a maximum of 8, therefore a number of separate Dinner parties will be held in different venues.
- The Host will usually prepare the main course.
Nibbles, entrée and dessert will be assigned to the other guests attending.
(The host may also ask for help with the main course. Each person bringing food will also bring wine to match.)
- The surprise is that Guests don’t know who their Dinner partners will be until they arrive at the door of their host. (keep quiet about where you are going)
Much fun, delicious food and great fellowship follows.
- Members/friends MUST NOTIFY THE CONVENERS BY WEDNESDAY 10TH JULY that they will be attending.
- THE BOOKING FORM IN THE LINK SHOULD BE FILLED OUT AND RETURNED TO THE CONVENORS TO MAKE ORGANISATION EASY
- The convenors will make every endeavour to balance the guests and give an even share in the hosting – we will vary the guests as much as possible.
- If anyone has particular dietary requirements, we will pass these on to all cooks to ensure you have food to eat.
- The over-riding consideration is to promote fellowship through members/ friends and their partners getting to know each other better.
For this reason, we don’t want it to be a showcase for elaborate meals – we want the Host/Hostess to be relaxed and enjoy the Dinner as much as the Guests.
The Booking Form for Christmas in July can be viewed on the following link: “Guess Who is Coming to Dinner” – Booking Form
RSVP DEADLINE: 10th July 2019
Ian 0418 391 090
Helen 0400 922 210