Club members enjoy fellowship whilst working on a range of fund raising or service activities. Additionally the Club has a very active Fellowship Committee that co-ordinates regular Fellowship activities for Club members, their partners as well as Friends of Rotary ( past members and associated family members who assist with programs).
Examples of Fellowship activities include:
* Australia Day Event;
* Anzac Day Breakfast
* Christmas Function – Dinner or Picnic
* “Guess Who is Coming To Dinner” – Quarterly Function Dinner of 6 or 8, hosted by Rotarian couple with other members attending who bring a food course and wine, without knowing who the other guests will be.
* Rotary Club of Lilydale Cup to complement and finish off the Melbourne Cup Spring Carnival
* Fellowship weekend at a Country Venue, with catering for a minimum of 30 persons
* My Kitchen Rules – Male Rotarians undertaking the cooking which is judged by a panel of “experts”
* Vocational / Fellowship visits to large scale Fruit and Flower Growing operations in the Yarra Valley
* Evening Tours of Lilydale Museum, Lilydale Cemetery and Old Court House
* Bowls / Croquet Challenge Matches with other Rotary Clubs
* Bike Ride on Lilydale to Warburton Trail as fund raiser for Australian Rotary Health
Fellowship is a strong glue, which assists with the success of the Club’s activities.
ROTARY FELLOWSHIPS :
Rotary Fellowships are independent groups of Rotarians, their spouses, and Rotaractors who share a common occupation passion, such as a sport, hobby or collecting. Being part of a fellowship is a fun way to make friends around the world. There are between 60 – 70 independently operated Fellowships – for full details refer Rotary Fellowships.