SPEAKER – GLENN FOARD C.E.O. Melba Support Services
TOPIC – MELBA SUPPORT SERVICES
Melba Support Services help people with a disability to lead the life of their choice. Melba is an NDIS registered, not-for-profit, community-based organisation, known for person-centred, human rights-based approaches to supporting people who live with complex physical and intellectual disabilities.
Recognised as the Yarra Ranges ‘Community Group of the Year, 2013’, Melba recently celebrated 40 years of providing quality, individualised services to people with a range of disabilities.
Melba provides a range of services designed to give people with disabilities greater independence and control over their own lives. Services include:
- Community Living Support Services (accommodation)
- Community Connections (day services)
- Individualised Support Arrangements
- Practical support in everyday life skills
- Assistance in pursuing and accessing vocational, education and employment goals
- Respite care that provides planned breaks for carers
- Assessing communication difficulties and sourcing practical solutions.
- Innovative programs that help people with intellectual disabilities to form healthy friendships and relationships
- Advocacy and awareness initiatives that enrich the lives of individuals with a disability.
Melba Support Services is located at 50 Melba Avenue Lilydale.
Additional information on Melba Support Services can be found at http://melbasupport.com.au/.